Send e-mail Info
David Pattyn (1969) (picture by Johan van de Watering) has always had a special interest for natural history. Because of his work , he moved from Belgium to the Netherlands in 1998 and now lives in Oisterwijk since 2005. A self-taugt photographer, wildlife photography has become a passion with a particular interest for birds, mammals and landscapes. Trips to foreign destinations are sometimes made but photography close to home is equally challenging because in this way he is able to get to know his subjects really well. He likes to work on the same subject for longer periods to get better results.
Non of the images you see on this website have been manipulated beyond the usual whitebalance, contrast- and colorcorrections. The animals you can see are wild animals and have been photographed in their original habitat. Some of the animals have been attracted with food. There are no images of animals in captivity.
David has won several awards at national and international photo contests.
- My image "Waiting for better weather" was Highly Commended in the 2013 GDT European Wildlife Photographer of the Year Compettion (Germany).
- "Waiting for better weather" was also Nominated in the 2013 Natures Images Awards (France).
- Also my series of Dalmatian Pelicans was Nominated in the Histoire d'Espèces categorie at the Natures Images Awards
- My images "Pelicans during snowfall" was Commended in the 2013 AFPAN photo competition in Montier en Der in France.
- "Pelicans during snowfall" was also the winner of the Bird Category of the 2013 Roots Magazine photo competition in the Netherlands.
- My image "the eyes have it" was Highly Honored in the 2013 Natures Best Windland Smith Rice competition in the USA.
- "The eyes have it" was also Highly Recommended in the 2013 Memorial Maria Luisa in Spain
- The three musketeers has received a Highlight in the Artists On Wings Category of the Glanzlichter competition of 2013 in Germany
- Hanuman Langurs resting in a Banyan Tree was the winner of the Fauna category in the FOTOCAM competition 2011 in Spain.
- An image of two fighting Siskins is the winner of the Action Category in the BIRDS AS ART 1st International Bird Photography Competition organised by Arthur Morris in the United States.
- Hanuman Langur family was highly honored in this years Nature's Best Windland Smith Rice International Awards in the United States. There were more than 20000 entries in this competition.
- Mountain Ibex in a snow storm was awarded with an Honorary Mention in the Fauna category of the FOTOCAM 2010 Competition in Spain. There were more than 17000 entries in this competition.
- Black-winged Stilt with prey and First rays of light in the forest are among the winning images in the AFPAN International Photo Competition 2010 in France.
- Crested tit on Blackthorn was one of the winners in Nature's Best Backyard Competition in the United States.
- Islands in the mist has been highly commended in the landscape category of the Glanzlichter International Photo Competition in Germany.
- A male grebe dancing after mating has won the "special prize of the jury" at the AFPAN International Photo Competition 2009.
- A series about the courtship of Great Crested Grebes has won the third prize in the series category of the AFPAN International Photo Competition 2009.
- A common tern fishing was among the winners in the Argus photo competition.
- A common tern fishing has won the second prize in the professional category of the annual Grasduinen photo competition.
- David has become the overall winner of the NVN Nature Photography competition and has been awarded the title of "NVN Natuurfotograaf van het jaar 2009" with an image of a small island in a lake close to his home. You can see all the winning images on the NVN website
- Black-necked Grebes, highlight in the bird category at the AFPAN International Photo Competition 2008.
- Playfull Ostriches, winner of the category "Artists On Wings" at the Glanzlichter International Photo Competition 2008 in Germany.
- Blurred Bewick's swans, highlight in the ASFERICO International Photo Competition 2008 in Italy
- Jumping Squirrel, winner of the Mammal category at the Concours International Photo Nature 2008 in Namur, Belgium.
- Jumping squirrel series was highly commende at the Concours International Photo Nature 2008 in Namur, Belgium.
- Grey Heron looking under its wing, winner of the originality award at the Concours International Photo AVES 2008 in Namur, Belgium.
- Lionesses portrait, highly commended in the mammals category of the European Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2007 organised by the GDT in Germany
- Yellow mongoose portrait, highlight in the AFPAN International Photo Competition 2007 in Montier en Der, France
- Running Ostriches, highlight in the AFPAN International Photo Competition 2007 in Montier en Der, France
All photographs appearing on this website are the property of David Pattyn. No form of reproduction is allowed without written permission.